Sometime ago the Lord spoke to me about Spiritual Warfare, he said to me, “there are at least six points of strategic spiritual warfare required to properly deal with the gates of hell and bring the kingdom of God through.”
“my people” He said “are only aware of one and don’t even do the one effectively. Satan however sabotages my people actively on these six areas and counters with his own strategies too.”
“What nation will engage with an enemy with only the infantry or the airforce, without the combination of its intelligence, infantry, naval, airforce and all the relevant corps to assure it’s victory?” He reasoned
“For there to be effective and repeatable victory at a life level, my people need to understand and contend at this six points of warfare”
He then went on to explain to me these six areas believers need to pay attention to in engaging with Spiritual warfare.
Here are a few thing to remember when thinking about Spiritual Warfare:
- The victory that Christ won for us is in the heavenlies, we need to fight the good fight of faith and good works to bring it into manifestation and our experience.
- Therefore every individual, family, community and nation that want to live Godly in Christ Jesus will encounter Spiritual warfare. Darkness has to be conquered on a spiritual, cultural and life level for people to experience the full kingdom life on this earth.
- Spiritual warfare will involve three levels, a. The spiritual b. Thought level c. Action level. These three spheres must be engaged for the fruit of our spiritul warfare to be experienced.
- Every form of Warfare requires wisdom, strategy, methods and tactics.
What are these methods?
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Ekklesia ; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Paul a profound teacher and exponent of the kingdom of God shares with us that we do not contend against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, spiritual wickedness in high places and rulers of darkness of this world; he further explains that the weapons of our warfare are not physically sourced or resourced, but they are mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge and opinion of God and bringing every thought and idea into captivity, making it obey Christ.
What Jesus and Paul said clearly suggests that the body of Christ is at war with the gates of hell. He has won the victory and has given us the power and authority to engage the gates of hell, excercise our dominion and reclaim people from his kingdom.
There are two kingdoms in this world, the kingdom of God and the Kingdom of this world which is ruled by Satan (he hijacked the spiritual and moral systems of mankind in Eden from Adam and his wife. )
Every physical kingdom of men (geographical, ethnic, ideological etc) are subsets of this two kingdoms, God reintroduced his kingdom into the world of men, also called the cosmos, which is really the spiritual and socio Cultural system that defines mankind.
This world system (cosmos) is based on the ideas and actions of men and women in rebellion against God and under the dominion and inspiration of Satan through sin (sin is the bent of nature that produce a bent of life).
Jesus Christ came as a progenitor of a new race ane culture, (the Last Adam) who came to be the standard and stock for people who will be Redeemed from the life of sin, (rebellion and it’s effects of death) given a new nature and will live a life in subjection to Christ, inspired by he holy spirit and in right alignment with God and his principles
Here are the six point of spiritual warfare
1. The war of Prayers – Spiritual Legislation, this is all activity to seek understanding of the will of God, agreeing with it, and proclaiming it.
This is the first level of Warfare in situations where Gods will needs to be done. it initiates engagement with the gates of hell. It provides vision, intelligence, faith and prophetic power to bring stuff down from the realm of the spirit to the realm of experience
2. Presence – this is being intentionally present where God needs our body. God cannot do stuff where there isn’t a body present to act on his behalf.
Spiritual, emotional presence is as important as accurate physical position. So after we have prayed the right prayers, we must labour to be present at the right place, at the right time, in our right mind, with the right motive, with the right people, rightly Prepared to do the right think the right way, to get the right result for the kingdom of God
3. Action – revealing the intent of God through actions, (not valid if you are not in the right place at the right time) our right actions connects the power of God to situations
We must be able to act when required, sustain the action as required. Our action are the agency through which the will of God is done! It is men and women that does the will of God on earth, this is why our actions are important, because our acts will either reveal the intent of hell or heaven.
It is sobering to realise that there is no neutral thought, word or deed as far as the two kingdoms are concerned
4. War of Words – this arrests thoughts, challenges opinions and introduces truth, giving the Holy Spirit ammunition to work with to convince or convict the hearts of men
Words are required to release faith and destroy counter arguments against the truth in the hearts and minds of men
5. War of Fellowship- Godly Relationship, fellowship and agreement, synergy amplifier, when two or more are in complete divine agreement, the power available for kingdom breakthrough multiplies exponentially as the number of people increases
6. War of Sacrifice ( what you are willing to give up for the sake of the kingdom)releases life in our death to self for Christ’s sake
When we sacrifice ourselves on his behalf, we bring to he scene the sacrifice of the life of Christ, which is the most potent in all the universe, making his resurrection power available for deployment